To be eligible for entry into the Graduate Certificate of Business Administration applicants must have one of the following:
- A completed bachelor degree in any discipline from an Australian university or college, or equivalent, or
- A completed graduate certificate or graduate diploma from an Australian university or college, or equivalent, or
- A recognised diploma and two years relevant business experience, or
- Five years of relevant work or managerial experience
Relevant work experience should include an understanding of how a business operates, which includes a working knowledge of a range of areas such as human resource management, budgeting, project management, financial reporting, process management or other relevant professional experience.
Note: Consistent access to a mentor, with significant managerial work experience, is recommended to advise you throughout the MBA journey to provide an important crossover into 'real world' business. Such guidance will assist you to make the transition into becoming a world class manager and leader.
Desirable attributes, access and experience:
- Current resume if claiming relevant work, managerial or business experience.
- Demonstrated experience as a proactive and independent learner.
- Highly developed communication skills (written, spoken and comprehension).
- Excellent time management skills.
- High levels of self-discipline and self-motivation.
- Access to a computer and the Internet, preferably at home.
- Competent in using a computer and the Internet.
- Adequate time to devote to studying a university course [An entire unit will take approximately 125-150 hours to complete or approximately 10-12 hours of study per week per unit].
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa or United States of America you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University.
Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion of:
- a secondary qualification (Year 11 or 12, or equivalent), or
- tertiary diploma level qualification, or
- bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years full time with a minimum overall GPA 4.0 completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland, or United States of America, which will meet the English proficiency.
If you do not satisfy any of the above you will need to undertake an English language proficiency test and achieve the following scores as below:
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) overall band score of at least 6.5 overall with a minimum 6.0 in each subset; or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - Requires 550 or better overall and minimum TWE score of 4.5 (Paper Based Test), or 79 or better overall and no score less than 21 (Internet Based Test); or
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) - Requires an overall score of 62 with no sub-score less than 54; or
- An Occupational English Test with Grades A or B only in each of the four components; or
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - Score of 180 or above; or
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English - Score of 200 or above; or
- Combined Universities Language Test (CULT) - 70% with no individual component score of less than 15.
English test results remain valid for no more than two years between final examination date and the date of commencement of study, and must appear on a single result certificate.
Each student will be assessed individually.
No information available at this time.Health Requirements
No information available at this time.Assumed Knowledge