Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders at TAL Australia
We focus on building cultural awareness along with employment and economic opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
At TAL, we’re proud that our country is home to the world’s oldest continuous living culture and have taken the following steps towards building relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities:
- TAL’s CareerTrackers partnership offers internship opportunities to help prepare Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students for joining the workforce.
- We acknowledge and celebrate Indigenous culture and highlight the importance of significant events, including our annual celebrations during NAIDOC Week with educational and immersive experiences for our people.
- We have Acknowledgement plaques at the entries of our Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth and Brisbane offices to recognise the valuable and unique status of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the original owners and custodians of the land and waters of this nation
- We acknowledge and celebrate National Reconciliation Week with events and education to start conversations about how we can all contribute to achieving reconciliation in Australia.
- We are a member of Supply Nation, an Indigenous supplier diversity organisation ensuring that our approach to strategic sourcing and procurement encourages a more inclusive economy for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- We partner with NASCA to provide a range of volunteering opportunities for our people to share their expertise and skills to help Indigenous communities.
TAL’s Reconciliation Action Plan working group is open to all employees and is driving our contribution to reconciliation both internally and in the communities we serve.